Saturday, April 28, 2007

Workers, Lurkers, and Televised Blogs....

I have discussed with several people on several occasions how to get more comments on my blog. Interestingly I find that I am not the only one who is frustrated by those who visit the site but stay for so short a time that they cannot see how wonderful it is(shameless plug) read it, or even understand what it is about. Then there are those who stay on for a few hours, reading and learning about who I am or who I want to be, but leave no comment. Those individuals are called “lurkers”.

It was requested that I somehow address those “lurkers”. I was unsure of how to do so. But I think I have come up with the perfect answer.... Televised Blogs. Madness you say. Voodoo you exclaim, but alas, hear me out.

How many of these “lurkers” scream loudly at the television when an umpire or referee makes a bad call in a baseball or basketball game? How many comment on the stupidity of whatever news story is on the television right now. Opinions are prevalent in today’s society. Some are educated, some are less than. But, most people who put their lives out there on the internet, their opinions out there on the internet in the form of “blogs” want to hear your opinion too. We are trying to learn. About our world, ourselves, and we want to learn from you. So, leave a comment now and then, we know you are out there, we see our hit counters going up and up, and still we are not learning. We value your opinion, it helps us keep an open mind about the world. And, who knows, maybe you will learn something too. Nothing wrong with that is there?

No comments: