Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Hey....That Made Me Think.

My last post made me realize something. I was not living here when the idea was started to build a sports complex here in Monticello. Was there a tax passed to pay for that? If there was not never mind. If there was, "HELLO"!!!! We will pass a tax for some ground to play ball on but won't consider passing one so when we need a hospital we have one to go to that can treat us for more than a couple of days before the send us away from our families and loved ones (without us having a choice in the matter). Am I the only one that thinks this is absolutely nuts. Another thing.... What is going on with the building out near the fairgrounds that the MEDC and the city built to sell to industry. All I can see is an empty building with a dirt floor. It seems to me that it would have been less expensive to buy the land and clear it then have an architect draw up several different sets of plans and let the industry pick the one they want to build. I'm not sure it would be as easy to sell a pre-fab building to new industry when usually no two companies need the same design in their building. Some need more office less industrial. Some need office industrial and shipping. well...you know the rest.

No comments: