Monday, November 5, 2012

Second chances

Well, I guess everyone deserves a second chance. So I was ready for another vehicle I went to one of the Local "Big Box" dealerships. Pulled into the parking lot walked in and announced that I was in the market for a new vehicle. Now understand I never said anything about trading in a vehicle once again cash transaction. Now understand as well I had only two weeks earlier paid cash for a house yes a house, and the broker I had purchased the house from had heard the story of my first attempt to purchase and called the dealership to tell them I was coming so they were expecting me. Suddenly I see my vehicle drive away without me. Where are you taking my truck I asked of course and they said to do a trade in sheet on it. Well why would you do that if I am not trading it in. Good question I thought. Thirty plus minutes later and without one person saying one word to me or trying to show me one single vehicle my truck returns with another local car dealer driving it. Not one of their sales people techs or employees but a totally other car dealer. I wont name names but his dealership is south of town by a trailer park and seems to have no purpose other than to lower the property value of the trailer park and I didn't even know that was possible to do but it seems that it is. So now they go on about my truck needs this and that and yes I know this but I don't want to trade it I want to pay cash for a good used vehicle. See I don't put a lot of miles on vehicles I don't drive all over the country rarely out of town so good used is good enough. Guess I should have learned the first time. So fast forward two months and I am driving by Dickerson Auto Sales and what do I see, another shiny red Chevy truck. And guess what I was driving forty five minutes later. Yep, you guessed it. I have learned my lesson and it is as follows Bigger is rarely better, cash still spends in a few places, and never again will I go anywhere else. Thanks Allen. I will be seeing you again soon.

No comments: