Saturday, March 3, 2007

An Apology Would Be Good.....

I read something interesting a bit ago. It seems that at the legislative update today one of our Senators opened his discussion with an apology. In the state of the world today I think every political leader should be compelled to do that. Just say "hello, my name is Senator so and so, and by the way....I am really sorry." Why do I say that you ask. Because they owe us an apology. They all do. Now I know this Senator personally. I know his wife. I was there when she won her city council seat by drawing a number from a hat. Yes thats right. The election was so close they held a run off and that was a tie so they drew numbers from a hat. She drew the number one. Now thats how you hold an election. Remember that game on the Price is Right where contestants drew numbers from a bag while avoiding the red tiles with the black letter X. I think we should elect presidents that way. First one to draw the tile with the Presidential seal wins. I mean there is no difference anyway. All politicians are the same. They are for or against whatever the hot topic at the time is and that is pretty much it. I think we should have elected John Kerry. So what if he was a "waffler", we all are. We want better education, schools and hospitals but no taxes. We want hamburgers and fries and the right to sue when they make us fat. We want politicians that will lie to get what we want as long as they don't lie to us. We want salvation but not religion,(and yes there is a difference). Yep, he should have been President. At least he was one of us. So ladies and gentleman living in the land of the free and the home of the fried Twinkie, don't you think it would be refreshing if at the next state of the union address, the President opened with "My Fellow Americans.......Man I'm really Sorry."

No comments: