Monday, January 15, 2007

Something I Know About...

I have had many requests through email and other sources to post about some of my political views and a little more about myself. I have also received comments from people that I have known for years saying that since I began this little endeavor they know more about me than they ever did. Well, thats great. Please understand that there are things that I can say here that I cannot say anywhere else. It is not that many of you do not know who I am, most of you probably do. I have never been a person comfortable about expressing himself and this site has become an outlet that allows me to do just that. I have been working with computers and graphic design for many years and have never felt that I have created anything that I can be proud of. When I was directing the news team at my last place of employment I won several awards, awards for covering a teacher contract dispute, union disputes and the war on drugs. I was always there when something was happening and sometimes as it happened. Even then I never felt that I had done anything to help anyone. There are many beliefs that I have that you may agree with, and there are many you probably will not agree with. I will comment weekly on local news items as well as word on the street type information. I have a rather interesting inside line on some issues facing Monticello which I will not discuss here but please understand I have just recently returned to my hometown and am still trying to catch up. I do believe that the hospital tax should go to the voters and should be passed. I covered a similar event in my last job and can tell you that you do not want a "Critical Access Facility ". If you do not know what that means I suggest you find out because if something is not done that is what you will have. Do you want a care facility that can only hold you for four days before having to transfer you or your loved one to Little Rock? Please research for yourself. I do not ask you to take my word for it. Do not be the sheep following the herd, you can find fertile grazing just fine on your own. Do not follow those who are comfortable with the "status-quo" they are driven by fear and fear brings the silence of a community and complacency of its leaders. We have a chance to do something right for a change.....Well, you know the rest.

No comments: